In our guide below, we will be taking a glance at several the best powder foundation for oily skin. When you have oily skin, powder is one among the go-to foundations to assist offer you that smooth, matte finish that you simply just cannot achieve with liquids.
Not all powders, however, are literally that good at keeping the sebum (the oil your skin produces) cornered. We will walk you thru the choices, provide you with useful tips and highlight our three favorite brands within the review section below.
Read, learn, and choose! It is as simple as that.
Table of Contents
Buying Tips for Powder Foundations
Here are a couple of tips to urge you started:
- Avoid Talc: Mineral powders are far better than powders that contain talc since this tends to offer you a chalky look (it settles into fine lines and wrinkles). This is a touch difficult since many of the highest brands do use talc, but if you have got sensitive skin or deep wrinkles, we might suggest you decide for a talc-free mineral powder.
- Use a top-quality Primer: If you have got oily skin and you are not employing a primer, then you got to start using one now. Seriously. These will not only help control the oil, but they are also even out your skin’s surface, make your makeup last longer and a few of them will even double up as color correctors.
- Be Realistic: You cannot expect your skin to prevent producing oil the minute you apply a “miracle” makeup product thereto. Oil happens, and if you discover a product that helps you retain your oil in check for the bulk of the day, then it is doing its job well. Do not judge products too harshly, especially if you are new makeup and haven’t experimented with many brands!
List of Top 10 Powder Foundations for Oily Skin
Prep & Prime
As we mentioned above, the primer you employ makes an enormous difference in your ability to wear a foundation without the oil taking up, so here are a couple of our favorites to assist kick starter your face preparation routine:
- BareMineral’s clock time Foundation Primer – Check Reviews & Price
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance – Check Reviews & Price
- e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer- Check Reviews & Price
These are all excellent choices if you have got oily skin (we know, because we have researched them thoroughly).T here is one for each budget, so check them bent see which can work best for you!
Remember That the Definition To “Oily” Depends on Whom You Ask
Some may have excess oil on their lids with mild oil problems on their face. Some may have extremely oily skin within the T-zone and super dry skin everywhere else.
Each person features a different definition of “oily” supported their daily experience, and what does this mean for you?
It means there is not one perfect product for everybody. Yes, we will highlight the simplest powder foundation for greasy skin for you below, but these are only three options out of 10 great ones.
If one among these three does not work for you, then have a glance at the opposite ones! You will find something that matches your skin type.
Top 3 Best Powder Foundation for Oily Skin Reviews
1. Mary Kay
Those of you who are already conversant in Mary Kay probably know that this is often one among the simplest powder foundations for greasy skin, but if you are new, we are here to inform you only how wonderful it is.
This is a powder that gives you with buildable coverage, so whether you’re trying to find a lighter, everyday look otherwise you need heavier coverage for a special day, this provides you options.
More importantly, it helps control the oil. As a long-lasting formula, you will have the matte finish for much longer than you would with liquid foundations.
It is true, their color choice is not as broad as a number of the opposite powders on our list, but if you discover your match, then we’ve a sense that this product won’t allow you to down!
Here are their shades (Ivory 2 is featured within the table above):
This is an excellent product for those of you trying to find a flawless matte finish.
It does not contain any parabens, fillers, binders, or synthetic chemicals and therefore the minerals that it does contain really help control mildly oily skin (they absorb excess oil without drying out your skin).
We love that it is talc-free which they provide such a good range of shades. “Fair” is featured in our table above, but they need many others to settle on from:
Many bareMinerals fans aren’t such a lot a lover of the appliance brush that they create, so if you’re trying to find an excellent alternative (that also costs less), have a glance at the Lamora Foundation Flat Top Kabuki Brush.
You can use it for liquids, powders, as a stipple brush and for blending. Multi-use and affordable!
3. True Match
If you are not a bareMinerals fan or the merchandise simply didn’t work for you, then try the L’Oréal Paris True Match Natural Mineral Foundation as an alternate. This also happens to be a superb choice for those of you with sensitive skin.
Like bareMinerals, this is often also talc-free (also fragrance-free) and it provides natural coverage.
Here are their shades (Light Ivory is featured in our table):
The L’Oréal True Match line is meant to supply a variety of shades to match those with warm undertones, cool undertones, and neutral undertones.
This does not work for everybody, because albeit it is talc-free, other ingredients seem to cause breakouts on some who use it.